Friday, October 24, 2008

XBox Wave 73

I am part of XBox Wave 73 under Foundation Trainer "Jazz". Today was our Judgment Day, a day that was full of surprises and tension (Jazz has a lot of tricks up on her sleeves). I have to admit that our trainers approach was one of the best approach that I have seen in a while (since I have been with different call centers already). Her dedication in her work is what I find her asset in her work. I mean she really will work on your English Grammar if she feels that you have a problem. As she had told us before "I want all of you to pass Foundation Training." but of course we have to prove to her that we really can (or her job will be at risk). Take it from Mac, one of our colleagues who had problems with the "th" sounds but he was able to work on it and in the end his hard work paid off.

This was also the day that we will be did our final oral assessment. As what she had said a day before "I want you to do good tomorrow on your final assessment." I don't really know if the whole class was able to fulfill our promises to her. I felt that all of us lack effort in covering each others back. I know that it is an individual effort but it is also a team effort. Jazz did not lack in giving advises to us on what we should do. All of us still had a shot to improve, even the top performers for this training.

I felt that we did great on our Oral Assessment but it seems that it was not enough for some of us because by the end of the day, four of our colleagues failed the training. I dont want to mention their names anymore but what I can say is that we have ourselves to be blamed for what happened. Some of us in the class already has call center experiences and I just don't know if we were able to guide the rest properly and on the right path.

Some of us said that maybe, it was just not their time yet because two out of the four members that was not endorsed did not have call center experiences yet. I can only say one thing, this is not over yet. Jazz was able to emphasize on the things that we have to work on and it will only be up to ourselves if we wanted to improve more. I hoe that we do because as for me I will strive to perfection on this job. I wanted to have a fruitful career and I hope that the rest will also no matter what happens. It may not be with the company but I wanted to hear news that they have reached their dreams and had a fruitful career. Then I will say that we all were right.

No comments: